Thursday, November 5, 2015

Booking Through Thursday #1 - Damaged Books

Have you ever damaged a book? Dropped it in the bathtub? Spilled a bottle of ink? Used it to mop up spilled wine? Or just broken its back (poor thing).

If you know anything about me, you know I am very particular about my books. I would rather BUY a book for someone who asked to borrow one of my books and simply let them keep it. And in all honesty, I've done that... more than once.


And that might sound extreme... okay, it IS extreme. But the truth is that books are the one thing that I collect -- they are the only physical items that have extreme value to me... I'd rather have a hole in my pants than a broken book spine... see what I'm saying?


And in terms of personally damaging my books? I have actually done it one time (fruit punch on a special edition Goblet of Fire... yes, it was as traumatic as it sounds) and then another time, I had a hardcover book complete fall apart while I was reading it... an actual nightmare (I will never forgive you, Prodigy). And sometimes I buy used books that aren't in 100% perfect condition, but they have to be in pretty good condition to make it to my shelves.

So basically I am your typical booknerd. I value my books more than most things and when one of them gets hurt, I am emotionally invested.


How do you feel about damaged books?


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly bookish meme :)

4 comments:

  1. I received a book that was actually missing pages. It drove me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! That would be the worst! I'd have to return it :P

      Delete
  2. I was this kind of booknerd once but right now - I'm more easy going ;) And thereby life is soo easier! But still my books need to match! hahah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Life is super easy b/c I don't lend out my books LOL. Someday I might not care as much... but for now.... hahah

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...